Prices Do Not Include VAT. Shipping is calculated at checkout.
Delivery time 50 Working Days
- Product Number: SW10015.2
- Upgrade Your Turbo: YOU WILL BE EMAILED INSTRUCTIONS AND PACKING SLIP FOR SENDING YOUR TURBOCHARGER/S AFTER CHECKOUT.
Engineered & Enhanced
The formula to making a TTE420 starts with a much larger 2871X TTE billet compressor wheel, chosen because is a highly efficient, new generation type with very thin blades, creating an extremely high flow for comparative size, giving a compressor map that's very wide. The Re-Profiled compressor cover is machined to an optimised tolerance to ensure maximum compressor efficiency is given. Also, the inlet the pipe is CNC ported at the entry to give a smooth transition for the incoming airflow from the intake connection . We also fit our TTE CNC K04 silencer delete, we modify the turbo discharge silencer, removing the baffle internals and fitting a new straight-through section, removing any restriction and its function as a noise-canceling device, so improving the flow and enhancing the sound.
A key part to driving the large 2871X compressor and in turn making this unit produce the huge power advantage overstock and also our 400 upgrade hybrid, is the machining and fitting a far larger BorgWarner K16 curved clipped turbine and shaft, while still keeping the k04 core, this is not so easy to do. This K16 turbine gives much lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock K04 turbine or clipped stock.
The clipping of the K16 turbine. Clipping reduces the blade area thus increasing gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost levels. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening the turbine thus reducing the rotational mass improving moment of inertia. Dyno's have shown a little loss in response vs stock K04 yet huge gains in power and torque.
Special TTE developed in house 360 deg high-performance motorsport journal bearing system is fitted. Durable at high loads with no loss in transient response.
The actuator used is an uprated sprung OE unit, fitted with our reinforced clamps for trouble-free operation. This also can also be modified to customer needs and specifications.
Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on the application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in-house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with a serial numbered balance test result document.
- Genuine BorgWarner Housings, Exhaust manifold & Components
- TTE 2871X Billet Highly Efficient Next Gen Compressor Geometry
- Optimised Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
- CNC Optimised modified silencer discharge delete
- CNC Ported Intake Pipe
- Genuine BorgWarner K16 Turbine, Clipped & lightened
- Genuine BorgWarner Uprated & Reinforced Actuator
- Genuine OEM Pierburg N75 Valve
- Special TTE K16/K04 Reinforced Bearing System
- Fitment As Original. Plug & Play
- 420+ PS Proven
- Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
- Supplied with a balance test result document
- Software recalibration is required
- Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
- Made in Germany
Click this link for Dyno's & Results