Prices Do Not Include VAT. Shipping is calculated at checkout.
Delivery time 30-50 Working Days
- Product Number: SW10012.1
- Upgrade Your Turbo: YOU WILL BE EMAILED INSTRUCTIONS AND PACKING SLIP FOR SENDING YOUR TURBOCHARGER/S AFTER CHECKOUT.
The Turbo Engineers TTE440 turbocharger is based on a highly modified OEM Borg Warner K04-064 turbo taken from the 2.0TFSI platform (known as TTE480 on the 2.0TFSI). Direct bolt-on VAG 1.8T 20V engine, the TTE440 is 440PS capable, fuel depending and hardware.
TTE440 for the 1.8T begins as a brand new standard BorgWarner K04-064 turbocharger taken from the 2.0tfsi platform, we dismantle and then set about upgrading and optimizing as engineers to create the ultimate K04 TFSI hybrid for the 1.8T VAG platform. This turbo shares same spec as our highly acclaimed TTE480 for the 2.0TFSI, proven at over 480ps without wmi. No spacer plate is required for fitment.
Engineered & Enhanced
The formula to making a TTE440 starts with a much larger 2871X TTE billet compressor wheel, chosen because is highly efficient, new generation type with ultra-thin blades. The Re-Profiled compressor cover is machined to an optimized tolerance to ensure maximum compressor efficiency is given. Also, the intake pipe is ported to give a smooth transition for the incoming airflow. We fit our TTE CNC silencer delete, we modify the turbo discharge silencer, removing the baffle internals and fitting a new straight-through section, removing any restriction and its function as a noise-canceling device, and so improving the flow, giving less surge and enhancing the sound.
A key part of driving the large 2871X compressor and in turn making this unit produce the huge power advantage overstock and also the competition is machining and fitting a far larger 9 blade TTE turbine and shaft, while still keeping the k04 core, this is not so easy to do. This turbine gives much lower back pressure and keeps EGT lower compared to stock K04 turbine or clipped stock types other companies are still using.
Special TTE developed in house 360 deg high-performance motorsport journal bearing system is fitted. Durable at high loads with no loss in transient response.
The actuator used is an uprated sprung OE unit, fitted with our reinforced clamps for trouble-free operation. This also can also be modified to customer needs and specifications.
Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on the application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with a serial numbered balance test result document.
You can order a new replacement turbocharger or send your own original K04-064 turbo (in good condition) for an upgrade(see drop down box above).
- Genuine BorgWarner Housings & Components
- TTE Billet Highly Efficient Next Gen Compressor Geometry
- Optimized Compressor Cover Machining Clearances
- CNC Optimised modified silencer discharge delete
- CNC Ported Intake Pipe
- CNC Machined exhaust manifold for 1.8T fitment
- CNC Adaption hardware for exhaust manifold 1.8T fitment
- TTE 9 blade High-Flow Low-Mass turbine
- Genuine BorgWarner TTE Uprated & Reinforced Actuator
- Genuine OEM Pierburg N75 Valve
- Special TTE Reinforced Bearing System
- 440PS Capable
- Single parts finely balanced then components assembled and core high-speed VSR balanced
- Supplied with a balance test result document
- Proven TheTurboEngineers quality
- Made in Germany
- This turbo is far from Plug&Play fitment. Fabrication skill and adaption or custom parts are required.